Rules & Regulations
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. ONLY (EXCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PUERTO RICO AND OTHER US TERRITORIES) AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. YOU MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The Epic Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”)
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS DRAWING. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents residing in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are at least the age of majority in their state of residence and who had Internet access at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. states or territories or where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless where they live) or members of household of The Vail Corporation, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, design, web design, web hosting and publicity agencies involved in the conduct of this Sweepstakes and anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize. Entrant must read these Rules in their entirety. By participating, entrant agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Vail Resorts, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Drawing. Winners will be given a Mountain Money gift certificate valid for the 2010/2011 season for the winner only. Mountain Money is non-transferable and non-refundable. Vail Resorts employess are not eligible to win.
3. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the competition you must send a tweet from your own personal Twitter account. Tweet our specific message to be eligible to win. You can tweet as many times as you like. Tweets will only be accepted during the speficied period. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected entries; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net or phone accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, any technical error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
4. EVENT SPONSOR. This drawing is sponsored by Vail Resorts Management Company located at
390 Interlocken Crescent, Suite 1000, Broomfield, Colorado 80021
5. PRIZES; APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE
GRAND PRIZE – One (1) WINNER
One(1) Epic Season Pass
Approximate Retail Value $599.
*Awarded through random drawing of eligible entrants.
6. ODDS. Odds of winning the Grand Prize or Secondary Prizes in the Drawing are dependant upon the number of valid entries received.
7. DRAWING. There will be one (1) winner. The winner will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of Sponsor from all eligible entries received. Drawing will occur Tuesday, May 18, 2010 after theperiod ends Sponsor shall have sole and final decision over all matters related to the Drawing. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of any prize or portion thereof is permitted; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the prize stated become unavailable for any reason. If the actual retail value of a prize is determined to be lower than the Approximate Retail Value, no cash or credit will be granted.8. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Drawing winner will be announced via our Twitter account (@snowdotcom) at 10:00 AM MST Tuesday, May 18, 2010. Winners may be required to sign a Prize Acceptance Affidavit and Release of Liability prior to receiving the prize. Refusal to sign a Prize Acceptance Affidavit may render the winner ineligible for receipt of the prize.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Winner of Grand Prize must complete, execute and return a Prize Acceptance Affidavit, a Release of Liability, Hold-Harmless and Indemnity Agreement, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within 10 days of notification. Failure to return documents timely, or if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be selected. By accepting the prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to a grant of authority by Sponsor the unfettered right of publicity, including but not limited to the right to use and publish winner's name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds: (1) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; (2) to be acting in violation of the terms of the web site, or (3) to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All taxes are winner’s responsibility and an IRS form #1099 may be issued to the Grand Prize winner.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY. In consideration for entering the Drawing, each entrant agrees to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Drawing related activity, or participation in the Drawing and agrees to hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify Vail Resorts, Inc., The Vail Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates, including but not limited to the subsidiaries that operate the Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone and Breckenridge resorts, the United States Forest Service, and their respective agents, employees, representatives, assignees, directors, officers and shareholders (each hereinafter a "Released Party") from all liabilities, litigation and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Drawing related activity, or participation in the Drawing and/or entrant's engagement in the activities hereunder, including those injuries and damages caused by a party's alleged or actual: 1) negligence or 2) breach of any express or implied warranty.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Drawing and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the web site. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Drawing or downloading or copying materials from or use of the web site. If, for any reason, the Drawing is not capable of running as anticipated, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Drawing and select the winner from entries received prior to the action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor; reasons shall include, by way of non-limiting example, infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Drawing.
11. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (1): any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Drawing, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the J.A.M.S. Rules of Arbitration, then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Drawing but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. In consideration of entering the Drawing, ALL ENTRANTS CONTRACTUALLY AGREE that ANY AND ALL CLAIMS for damages, injury and/or death regarding an alleged incident, including but not limited to all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Drawing, shall be GOVERNED BY COLORADO LAW and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION shall be in the District Court for the State of Colorado or in Federal Court for the State of Colorado
13. WINNERS LIST. For name of winner(s) send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor to Epic Pass Social Giveaway, Vail Resorts Management Company,390 Interlocken Crescent, Suite 1000, Broomfield, CO 80021