« Back to list
What should I wear while skiing or snowboarding? How should I dress?
Weather changes drastically! Not only from minute to minute, but also from the base of the mountian to the top!
1. Dress in layers, putting your lightest layer on the bottom. The weather here changes quickly and dramatically, you'll want to be prepared for anything and everything! Remember it's at least 10 degrees colder atop the mountain.
2. Polypropylene is the best fabric for inner layers - it absorbs wetness and won't smell!
3. Fleece is a great layer!
4. Wear a hat -even when it's sunny out!
5. A helmet is a great idea, especially for kids! It can save a life!
6. Goggles are a must, even when it's sunny out.
7. Buy hand and feet warmers to put in your boots and gloves.
8. A neck gator is key on snowy days - pull it over your neck and face.p>
9. Don't ski in jeans or other cotton pants - if you don't have a pair of ski pants, we highly recommend purchasing a pair.
10. Thick ski socks do not translate to warm feet. If your socks are too thick, you will cut off the circulation in your feet and they will sweat - making them colder in your boots. Wear a thin pair of socks and you'll be much more comfortable. Also, have your boots looked at by a professional for maximum comfort - they can work miracles